Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Bollywood Movie Worth Seeing

Assalamualaikum =)
Today i spent my afternoon with 2 of my best friends, Daisy and Angie (nah, actually its Desi and Anggi. LOL. you'd get the joke if you're indonesian). Daisy planned to invite us watching this movie titled 3 Idiots that she brought home after vacation. I actually had no idea what movie is that, is that good, how much the rating on IMDB, etc. But oh well, she just came back from a long vacation and i believed she'd just missed us so much so i gave it a try. (cause i ALWAYS check every movies im going to watch on internet). But this time.. Nope!

And..... guess what?! who knows that its an INDIAN movie?!!! I was unexpectedly startled. I thought i would have the most boring-horrible afternoon in my life. The only indian movie i watched is Slumdog Millionaire, but still, it was produced and directed by american!! It is amazing though. One of my favorite movies.

Ok back to the afternoon.... I tried pretending to enjoy this movie. After about 5 or 10 minutes i was wondering who the hell was this bla bla bla but i kept silent. Time goes by, then i was like "i thought i get whats this movie trying to tell to people" I shockingly surprised seeing myself enjoy watching a bollywood film. I laughed, i cried, i enjoyed every scene in this almost-3-hours.

SO THIS IS A MOVIE ABOUT....
Three guys attending Imperial College of Engineering, one of the best colleges in India. One comes from a poor family whom the parents spend most of the money paying for his son's college, one comes from a modest family whom his father urges him to be an engineer while he actually likes taking animal pictures, and the last one is a genius who's actually in love with machine stuff. Rancho, the genius guy doesn't seem to get along with the lecturer as he teaches his students just based on the books (just like school does). He once tried to insist the lecturer how important knowledge is, not just chasing grades which makes the cold-hearted proffesor furious with his attitudes and unexpectedly making him and his friends in troubles.
What i write above is just a little part of the movie. You'll see tons of great dialogues, scenes, and benefits from this worth seeing bollywood movie. Seriously. Don't judge book by its cover. Dont judge movie by its country.
(picture credit: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/dc/Threeidiots2.jpg/200px-Threeidiots2.jpg)

3 comments:

  1. aaahhh this movie is sooo inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know right! oh yes, inspiring is the right word to describe this movie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my all time fav, my sis!
    even my japanese friends like this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails